Self respect is a feeling of pride, honor and dignity that you have in your own self. It’s one of the most important values humans have. That makes it all the more important to have this healthy, positive attitude towards yourself to live a better and successful life. This post might be a good read for anyone looking for inspiration or motivation as I’ve put together a list of 31 of best self respect quotes for restoring self respect in oneself.
11 Motivational Self Respect Quotes To Stay Positive
Below are 11 best self respect quotes to motivate you and help you stay positive.
1. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
2. “I believe in you, even if you don’t believe in yourself.” – Unknown
3. “Don’t ever forget that no matter what happens people will always love you for who you are…even when they don’t love your actions.” – Unknown
4. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” – Mark Twain
5. “You can’t do something by half, because then it doesn’t count.” – Unknown
6. “It takes a lot of courage to stand up for what you believe in.” – Unknown
The meaning of courage is the quality or state of being courageous. Courage is also a virtue in many religions, such as Christianity and Buddhism. The word “courage” comes from Latin: cor, “heart,” and nobilis, “noble.” It is used to mean “valor” or “bravery,” but it can also be related to fearlessness.
Courage is the ability to withstand fear, pain or intimidation without losing one’s composure or sanity. The trait of having courage is often associated with belief in oneself and one’s abilities.
You will also ❤️ these:
7. “You have to believe in yourself before anyone else does.” – Unknown
8. “The harder I work, the luckier I get!” (Nirvana)
The song “Harder to Breathe” by Maroon 5 is one of my favorite songs. It’s a really catchy tune, and I enjoy listening to it when I’m driving in my car. It’s also one of those songs that I can listen to over and over again without getting tired of it. The lyrics are meaningful, but what I love most about this song is its meaning.
The lyrics tell us that we have to work hard if we want things that others have had for a long time. It tells us that if we want something, then we have to work for it, otherwise, we will always be left behind.
It also says that there are people who have been given everything in life already and still don’t know what it’s like to struggle or fight for something. They haven’t experienced the struggles of getting up early in the morning and going through long days at work just so they can make ends meet. There’s a lot more meaning in this song than just how hard you have to work to get ahead in life!
9. “I’m not saying that success is just for some people. But I’m saying that if you’re not willing to work for success, chances are your life will suck.” (Oprah Winfrey)
10. “I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” (Maya Angelou)
11. “It’s not what happens to us: it’s how we react to it.”- Charles R. Swindoll
The author is saying that we are not what happens to us, but how we react to it. The author is giving the example of a person who gets injured at work. If the person does not get angry and depressed about his injury, he will be able to recover from it quickly and return to his normal life.
10 Self Respect In Love Quotes For Healthy Relationship
1. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.” – Victor Hugo
2. “There’s no such thing as a perfect person, but there’s always someone who loves you just the way you are.” – Unknown
3. “Love is when you want to be with someone so much that you would die if it wasn’t for them.” – Unknown
4. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, often a bit sinister; but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Heinrich Heine
5. “It takes two people to have an argument; one to start and one to end it.” – John Mortimer
6. “Love is a choice, not a feeling.” unknown
Love is a choice, not a feeling. You can choose to love someone, but if you were to fall in love with them, it would be because they had chosen you as well. It would be because they saw something about you that made them want to give up everything for you and only for you and not for anyone else.
It would be because they saw something about yourself that made them put up with your quirks, your faults and your weaknesses because these things make up who you are as an individual and who makes up who they are as individuals too. It would be because they wanted nothing more than to spend their lives with someone who loved them just as much as they loved themselves.
Love is not about feeling romantically attracted to someone or being physically attracted to someone; it’s about wanting their happiness above all other things, it’s about wanting the best for them and making sure that happens every single day of your lives together.
7. “If you don’t love yourself, how can you expect someone else to?.” unknown
8. “Love is like a boomerang: When it’s thrown out there, it comes back around and hits you right in the face!” – Unknown
The meaning of “love is like a boomerang” is you give something away and it comes back around to you.
The first thing to remember about love is that it is just a feeling. It can change its form and intensity, but it will always be there. You don’t have to be in love with someone to be affected by their actions or words, because we all experience insecurity at some point in our lives. It’s just a matter of how much you let it affect you.
Love is like a boomerang because if you give something away, you might not get it back immediately, but in the end it will come back around to hit you right in the face.
9. “Trust is the glue that holds relationship together.”- unknown
The meaning of the saying is that trust is the glue that holds relationships together. If you don’t have trust, then you will find it hard to develop a relationship with anyone. Trust is a very important thing in any relationship and without it, there can be no real connection between two people. It’s also true that if you don’t have trust in your partner, then even though things might work out for the best at times, chances are good that your partner will eventually lose respect for you as well.
10. “If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it’s yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never yours to begin with.”- John Green
10 Women Self Respect Quotes
1. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.”- Coco Chanel
The quote above is a great way to think about who you are and what you want. It’s important to be clear on your own identity, because that’s the only way to know who you can be with.
2. “A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one.”- Tupac Amaru Shakur
Tupac Amaru Shakur’s quote is a great reminder of the importance of respecting women. It’s easy to forget that women have been around since the beginning of time and they have just as much of a right to exist in the world as men do.
Respecting women means accepting them for who they are, rather than what you want them to be. It means respecting their opinions, listening to them and respecting their feelings. It means not accusing them of things that aren’t true, especially if they accuse you of something first! And it means not making them feel bad about themselves or think less of themselves because you can’t accept their point of view or don’t agree with it.
Women are not here for your entertainment or pleasure; they are here for our own personal gain – we should be grateful for what they’ve given us in life, not taking advantage of it by treating them badly or making them feel bad about themselves because they’re not like us.
3. “Strong women don’t have ‘attitudes’, we have standards.” -Marilyn Monroe
I agree with this quote because I believe that being yourself is something important when it comes to being a strong woman. Being a strong woman means having confidence in yourself and your abilities and not being afraid to show it off.
4. “Don’t think about making women fit the world — think about making the world fit women.” -Gloria Steinem
5. “In too many instances, march to globalization has also meant the marginalization of women and girls. And that must change.”- Hillary Clinton
The meaning of “marginalization of women and girls” is that they are not being given the same opportunities as men. This can be seen in the fact that women are not moving up the ranks as fast as men are. They are also not being given the same pay for doing the same job.
There have been many instances where women have been marginalized in their careers by having to take maternity leave or by having to change jobs because of family obligations. Even though Hillary Clinton has stated that there needs to be a change in this area, she does not specify what type of change she wants. She just states that this should be changed without giving any examples or making any suggestions on how to accomplish this goal.
6. “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.”- Helen Keller
The statement is made in a friendly tone, but the audience is meant to understand that the speaker is disappointed with the men in her life and how they treat women. The best way to get justice from an unjust man is not to reason with him, but to escape from him.
7. “A man never so beautifully shows his own strength as when he respects a woman’s softness.” — Douglas William Jerrold
8. “We need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men.” — Emma Watson
9. “A woman is soft, kind, and loving. When you are in danger, she is always ready to sacrifice herself to save you. So never forget to respect women.” — Debasish Mridha
10. “Women are one half of society which gives birth to the other half, so it is as if they are the entire society.” — Ibn Qayyim Al—Jawziyya
I hope you enjoyed the above best self respect quotes list, and I hope it will help you in times when you need to feel better about yourself.